If you are unhappy with any element of our service then please let us know as soon as possible. We will be keen to talk with you or visit you so that we can understand what is wrong so that we can find a solution. Our complaint procedure is shown below –
As a member of the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA), Eaton-Terry Clark Ltd aim to provide the highest standard of service to landlords and tenants, in line with the ARLA Code of Practice. One of the requirements of ARLA membership is a process for assessing complaints about our service.
- Level One – minor issues
- All staff are trained to deal with day-to-day problems. Management can assist where necessary.
- Level Two – Escalation
- Should a problem not be resolved by liaison with staff and management, you will be requested to put your complaint in writing, setting out your concerns and referring to any related documents (such as terms of business, tenancy agreement, inventory etc.) and send it to Jenny Clark at the address below.
- Your letter will be acknowledged promptly, within three working days and the issues investigated. A written reply will be sent within twenty-one working days of receipt of the original letter. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this response.
- Level Three – Non resolution
If you remain dissatisfied with the way your complaint has been handled, please write to Jenny Clark at the address below, setting out the reasons for your dissatisfaction. Jenny Clark will then arrange a meeting with you to discuss the situation.
- Level Four – External involvement
- If you are still not satisfied with our response, you may refer your complaint to:
The Association of Residential Letting Agents, Arbon House, 6 Tournament Court, Edgehill Drive,
Warwick CV34 6LG 0845 250 6001
Who will arrange for your complaint to be assessed by an external Independent Case Examiner in line with the criteria and procedures set out in ARLA’s published complaints procedure or leaflet.
- Level Five – The Property Ombudsman
You will see as part of your information pack that we are also members of the Property Ombudsman, if you are dissatisfied with our response to your complaint in any way, you may also refer to the Property Ombudsman in addition to or as an alternative to ARLA. The address to write to is below.
The Property Ombudsman, 55 Milford St, Salisbury SP1 2BP Phone:01722 333306
Our membership number is D04080; this should be quoted in your correspondence.